[pytest-dev] Custom reporting for asserts without comparison operators?

Shawn Brown 03sjbrown at gmail.com
Sun Mar 18 17:09:15 EDT 2018

Hi Floris and thanks for the feedback.

Unfortunately, this does not solve my usecase. I'm trying to handle cases
where the following statement would pass:

    assert myfunc(failing_input) == False

But where this next statement would fail using my custom report:

    assert myfunc(failing_input)

Calling myfunc() needs to return True or False (or at least Truthy or
Falsy)--this is locked-in behavior.

The assert_myfunc() in my original post is a wrapper that does basically
the same thing as your example. Although I omitted the native assert in my
examples because it is only evaluated when it's already guaranteed to pass.