[pytest-dev] Unsubscribing from pytest-dev/pytest notifications

Floris Bruynooghe flub at devork.be
Tue Apr 17 16:55:48 EDT 2018

Hey Florian,

On Mon 16 Apr 2018 at 07:50 +0200, Florian Bruhin wrote:
> this is a difficult step to take, but during three sleepless nights
> because of health issues last week (don't worry, it's getting better
> now) I realized a lot of things (also see this thread on Twitter: [1])

Thanks for being so open about this.

> I really wish GitHub had a way to subscribe to issue labels, but until
> that happens, I need to unsubscribe from pytest-dev/pytest (which is
> what I just did)

That's no problem at all.  I've not been receiving email for github
activity in ages, and that blue dot on github is basically a permanent
feature.  Volume is pretty high (to me), occasionally I try to look at
it but I mostly also rely on those of you who do keep up on mentioning
me...

> - I'm spending too much time working on things in
> pytest I'm somewhat interested in, but not really passionate about.

Prioritising your own time to what you enjoy most is more then sensible.

> I'd like to keep my maintainer/commit/whatever flag, and I might revisit
> this in 1-2 years, where I might have more time on my hand for
> open-source work. If there's consensus that I should drop it, I'm not
> going to say no either, though.

No need to remove a commit flag!
(unless you intend to turn malicious ;))

All the best,
Floris