[pytest-dev] the potential need to release 4.0 instead of 3.1, proposal

holger krekel holger at merlinux.eu
Thu May 18 09:37:50 EDT 2017

On Thu, May 18, 2017 at 12:56 +0000, Bruno Oliveira wrote:
> On Thu, May 18, 2017 at 9:47 AM Ronny Pfannschmidt <ich at ronnypfannschmidt.de>
> wrote:
>
> > that pr that changes all classes, i'd like to keep it, just communicate
> > the changes correctly
> >

> Floris, Florian, Holger, are you guys OK with that? I'm fine either way.

To be honest, i never was a fan to change to object baseclassing wholesale --
i prefer do it in relation to features/bugs work on a case by case basis.

So I am very slightly in favor of just avoiding potential fallout here -- it does not make maintenance harder (IMO) -- and if it does in some particular case we can change that case then.   It's "very slightly" because i don't think doing it wholesale would break too many things, either.