[pytest-dev] Shipping conftest.py in a python library

Ronny Pfannschmidt rpfannsc at redhat.com
Mon Sep 5 03:05:42 EDT 2016

Hi Zach,

the classical way to do that is to turn what is a conftest into a normal
python package
afterwards any project can put that into the pytest_plugins variable.

also you could add a setuptools entrypoint like the normal 3rd party pytest
plugins use to enable it in all cases

-- Ronny

> Hi all. I have a repo that takes advantage of py.test and ships itself w/
> py.test for implementers -> https://github.com/fastly/ftw.
>
> What im having trouble with is that Id like someone to `pip install ftw`
> and have the conftest.py under test/conftest.py in my repo available to
> them. Is there a way I can ship conftest.py from my github and hav eit be
> in the path when people pip install?

Managing Directors: Charles Cachera, Michael Cunningham, Michael
O'Neill, Eric Shander