[pytest-dev] Commit access to pytest

Ronny Pfannschmidt opensource at ronnypfannschmidt.de
Mon Nov 14 02:35:38 EST 2016

Hi All,

i believe that when we do something like this, we should lean in the
direction of C 4.1
and focus on enabling more people to merge good pull requests of others
(we already started to follow a informal process where we no longer
self-merge until approval)

With the review Approval system that came to github i feel that c4.1 it
not up to date for gh
(i.e. self merge after approval looks like a valid move now)

I like the idea of slowly iterating towards  a more open and inclusive
process.
Readily offering commit bits to people that Demonstrate
they can honor the Contribution Process is a beautiful first step.

-- Ronny