[pytest-dev] can we remove the deprecated pytest.config variable assignment before 3.0

Bruno Oliveira nicoddemus at gmail.com
Wed Jul 20 12:15:46 EDT 2016

Hi Ronny,

AFAIK there’s no simple way to workaround it, correct? For example, I
believe there might be code out there using pytest.config as a conditional
in a pytest.mark.skipif decorator. In this case the change is not a simple
find/replace.

As a general guideline for deprecation vs removal, IMHO we should weight
the pain to users vs what simplifies maintenance burden for us. If the
assignment is simple to maintain, I would prefer to deprecate it in 3.0 and
remove it on 4.0.

Cheers,
​