[pytest-dev] on abolishing the feature branch concept

Bruno Oliveira nicoddemus at gmail.com
Mon Jan 25 09:57:40 EST 2016

On Mon, Jan 25, 2016 at 12:42 PM Ronny Pfannschmidt <
opensource at ronnypfannschmidt.de> wrote:

> Am 25.01.2016 um 15:04 schrieb Florian Bruhin:
> > * Ronny Pfannschmidt <opensource at ronnypfannschmidt.de> [2016-01-25
> 14:36:12 +0100]:
> >> to that effect it might even be sensible to change from master +
> >> features to bugfix + master
> > I thought we discussed this to death before already, and ended up with
> > master/features :P
> i'm aware, i'm bringing it up, because of the little details i noticed
> over the last few months
> it's much less problematic to have to backport/cherrypick a bugfix than
> accidentally slipping in a feature change to a bugfix release
>
> im also fine with keeping the branch names as is,
> the important part is better discipline on our side :)

IMHO we should keep the naming as it is, and follow your suggestion of
being more strict to what goes into master: strictly bug fixes, any change
in behavior even if small should go into features.

And I agree we should release the features branch more often, following
your suggestion of every 3 months or so seems reasonable.

Cheers,
Bruno.