[pytest-dev] 3.0.1 tonight?

Florian Bruhin me at the-compiler.org
Tue Aug 23 17:02:18 EDT 2016

* Bruno Oliveira <nicoddemus at gmail.com> [2016-08-23 16:12:03 +0000]:
> Since 3.0.0 was released, two regressions have been reported and this
> afternoon the fix for the last one was merged.
>
> Unless someone still has some issue that they would like to work on for
> this release, I was thinking of making a 3.0.1 release tonight. What you
> guys think? Should we wait a few more days to see if other regressions show
> up, or the two we found so far are enough to warrant a release?

Maybe we should try and get in a fix for the empty parametrization
regression too? https://github.com/pytest-dev/pytest/issues/1849

I can take a look, but that definitely won't be tonight, and probably
won't be until the weekend.

Other than that, +1 for a 3.0.1 sooner than later - I think the
parametrization thing is potentially dangerous (we're just calling
functions with arguments nobody wanted them to be called with...) and
affecting a handful of people.

Florian