[pytest-dev] 3.0 next week?

Florian Bruhin me at the-compiler.org
Fri Aug 5 08:27:06 EDT 2016

Hey,

* Bruno Oliveira <nicoddemus at gmail.com> [2016-08-04 22:59:51 +0000]:
> 1) Early in the week, create and publish a pytest-3.0 package on my devpi
> channel [1] and ask people to test it on twitter and the relevant mailing
> lists;
> 2) If there are no blocking issues reported, release it to PyPI on Thursday;
> 3) Try to be available during the weekend if any major issue comes up to
> hopefully provide a quick fix;

I just tried the current features branch with the qutebrowser
testsuite, and noticed various things, roughly ordered by importance:

- I get a RecursionError in pluggy during teardown of one of my
  fixtures: https://github.com/pytest-dev/pytest/issues/1794

- pytest-bdd breaks in multiple ways, and I gave up trying to get it
  to work: https://github.com/pytest-dev/pytest-bdd/pull/193

- pytest-{cov,rerunfailures,repeat} cause a DeprecationWarning by
  passing a string argument to addoption:
  https://github.com/pytest-dev/pytest-repeat/pull/11
  https://github.com/pytest-dev/pytest-cov/pull/127
  https://github.com/pytest-dev/pytest-rerunfailures/pull/36

- Something really funny I can't explain is broken in
  pytest-rerunfailures setup.py: (not pytest 3.0 related, but odd)
  https://github.com/pytest-dev/pytest-rerunfailures/issues/35

> On GitHub, we still have some 30 open issues marked as 3.0:
> https://github.com/pytest-dev/pytest/milestone/2
>
> I closed some which are already fixed (but not auto-closed because PRs
> were merged to features and not master).

I also retargeted some, and added comments for others where I was
unsure. Let's clean this up :)

Florian