[pytest-dev] removing assertion reinterpretation and making the assertion rewriter a vendored package

Ronny Pfannschmidt rpfannsc at redhat.com
Wed Apr 13 08:44:09 EDT 2016

Hi,

currently we still have a monkey-patch in python that causes interesting
issues in c interaction,

namely the replacement of the Built-in Assertion error by the rewrite module

its highly unlikely we can ever make it act correct, so i propose that
instead we just remove the assertion re-interpreter

while doing that i'd also like to turn the assertion rewriter into a
package exposing a minimal api
that way its releases can be done more in lock with python releases

also its possible for others to use it and contribute to it

-- Ronny