[pytest-dev] 2.8.0 release plan? 2.7.2?

holger krekel holger at merlinux.eu
Mon Jun 22 23:52:17 CEST 2015

Hi Bruno, all,

On Wed, Jun 17, 2015 at 12:31 +0000, Bruno Oliveira wrote:
> Hi, Do we have an idea of when we would like have a 2.8.0 release, or at
> least what we would like to see in the new version? And about 2.7.2? I see
> there are a couple of fixes that are in master but should be backported to
> pytest-2.7 branch before making a 2.7.2 release. Cheers,

I am now thinking we should just do a quick pytest-2.7.2.

I just fixed an error in the traceback generation which many people
have encountered and prepared a py-1.4.29 release.  I also prepared
a pytest-2.7.2 with the fixes that are currently in.  You can install
both with:

    pip install -U -i https://devpi.net/hpk/dev pytest

Tests are passing:

    https://devpi.net/hpk/dev/py/1.4.29

    https://devpi.net/hpk/dev/pytest/2.7.2

Anything speaking against just pushing those releases to pypi now?

FWIW I think python3.5 compat (currently 3.5.alpha2 is out) should
be tackled for pytest-2.8.