[pytest-dev] github push notification / pytest channel

Florian Bruhin me at the-compiler.org
Fri Jun 19 10:25:17 CEST 2015

* holger krekel <holger at merlinux.eu> [2015-06-19 08:19:55 +0000]:
> i notice that we don't have push notifications to the #pylib channel.
> Could someone care for that?  What's good practise for github there?

GitHub has its own IRC service (well hidden). Go to the repo settings
-> services and add IRC there.

There's also http://n.tkte.ch/ as an alternative.

We could also set up Travis IRC notifications so we notice when things
would break for some reason:

http://docs.travis-ci.com/user/notifications/#IRC-notification

> Besides, i am wondering if we should use a new #pytest channel instead of
> the #pylib one.  "pylib" is not really a primary project anymore
> (py.test used to be part of pylib several years ago).  I've registered
> #pytest on freenode and i can probably add others.

+1 - would also make it easier to find. From time to time, people in
#python ask what the pytest channel was again.

Florian