[pytest-dev] 2.8.0 release plan? 2.7.2?

Bruno Oliveira nicoddemus at gmail.com
Thu Jun 18 18:08:02 CEST 2015

On Thu, Jun 18, 2015 at 2:47 AM holger krekel <holger at merlinux.eu> wrote:

> On Wed, Jun 17, 2015 at 22:06 -0700, Floris Bruynooghe wrote:
> > I think Ronny had some 2.7.2 plans as well or wanted it soon for some
> reason?

pytest-cache integration into the core perhaps?

> Maybe we can just aim for pytest-2.8 in the next two weeks and forget
> about pytest-2.7.2 and then see to have more clarity regarding PR targets.

That would be great, as it would avoid having to review the backlog and
port bug issues that went directly into master.

Would it make sense to consider "master" to become the new "bug fix branch"
> and have a "pytest-2.9" then where we collect new features? This way
> the default is to do bugfixes which might be easier for newcomers to
> the project.

I was thinking along the same lines this week. As most of the contributions
are bug-fixes, it makes sense to make life easier for PR contributors.

Cheers,