[pytest-dev] plugins/pytest-qt and cx_Freeze

Florian Bruhin me at the-compiler.org
Thu Jun 18 11:23:00 CEST 2015

Hi,

I'm currently trying to run my tests with my application frozen via
cx_Freeze.

To do so, I wrote a separate script to freeze the tests into a
separate executable, which uses pytest.freeze_includes():

https://github.com/The-Compiler/qutebrowser/blob/frozen-tests/scripts/freeze_tests.py
https://github.com/The-Compiler/qutebrowser/blob/frozen-tests/scripts/run_frozen_tests.py

Apart of some issues with importing distutils (which I haven't looked
into yet), it seems pytest doesn't find the qapp fixture which is
provided by pytest-qt:

http://paste.the-compiler.org/view/7b1dbbf2

Is there something I can do to make cx_Freeze freeze those plugins as
well, or to make pytest recognize them when frozen?

I tried adding pytestqt to includes=[...], but that didn't help
either.

Florian