[pytest-dev] moving to git / issues?

Florian Bruhin me at the-compiler.org
Wed Jun 3 16:54:14 CEST 2015

* holger krekel <holger at merlinux.eu> [2015-06-03 14:20:52 +0000]:
> i we want to move pytest to github what would we do with the
> issues?  Can someone experiment with migrating the issues to a github
> repo (at some user location, not pytest-dev)?  A quick search revealed
> https://github.com/vbabiy/bitbucket_issue_migration which might help.

Glad to hear!

I started to play a bit here:
https://github.com/The-Compiler/pytest-unofficial

So far, not that much success:

    [...]
    Created: py.test does not cooperate with twisted's trial TestCase [2 comments]
    Created 762 issues
    Traceback (most recent call last):
      File "migrate.py", line 304, in <module>
        push_issue(gh_username, gh_repository, issue, body, comments)
      File "migrate.py", line 266, in push_issue
        format_comment(comment),
      File "migrate.py", line 122, in format_comment
        comment['user'].encode('utf-8')
    UnicodeDecodeError: 'ascii' codec can't decode byte 0xe2 in position 91: ordinal not in range(128)

Time to fix that script then! ;)

Florian