[pytest-dev] pytest-xdist-1.11: restarting crash nodes, fixture cache fix

Anatoly Bubenkov bubenkoff at gmail.com
Fri Sep 19 08:56:58 CEST 2014

On 18 September 2014 22:44, Floris Bruynooghe <flub at devork.be> wrote:

> > I think you could subvert py.test's tear-fixtures-down-early by making
> > your session scoped fixture an autouse fixture, that way all tests
> > will need it to run and it won't be torn down early.  However only
> > tests explicitly requesting the fixture will be bothered with it's
> > existence and value.

that's very nice idea, actually!
but with this approach we kinda eliminate the beauty of the dependency
injection
also imagine: we have 5 application fixtures, which are heavy to start
then we have distributed test run, where are groups of the tests using
mostly one application fixture per group
for certain test slave it will have no sense to set up all the application
fixtures, if this slave works on a set of tests including only one-two test
groups

--
Anatoly Bubenkov