[pytest-dev] Exemplary py.test usage in open-source?

Hashemi, Mahmoud mahmoud at paypal.com
Tue Nov 25 01:05:34 CET 2014

Hehe, sorry for the top post, work computer. I did actually try searching conftest.py on Github, but there were altogether too many results :) Didn't seem like there was a solid sorting mechanism either.

The Mozilla tests are particularly interesting because they use Python to test non-Python codebases, which is a major area of interest in the increasingly diverse PayPal engineering community. Those sorts of py.test conventions really resonate for the corporate/product types :) Also, small note, I'd probably update the Projects page link to the Mozilla Github so the code is more readily showcased. Otherwise, the Projects page is fantastic :)

Hope to hear more soon!

Mahmoud