[py-dev] [hpk42/pytest] Add a new test hook that allows displaying custom information on an exception (issue #218)

Alex Gaynor issues-reply at bitbucket.org
Mon Nov 5 02:17:18 CET 2012

--- you can reply above this line ---

New issue 218: Add a new test hook that allows displaying custom information on an exception
https://bitbucket.org/hpk42/pytest/issue/218/add-a-new-test-hook-that-allows-displaying

Alex Gaynor:

Right now there's a hook that lets you display custom information in the event of an assertion failure. I'd like to have the same, except for in the event an exception is raised.

Ideally it would
a) let me display the original traceback, excactly as pytest normally would (and add extra info to it)
b) let me filter on specific types of exceptions
c) be as awesome as the rest of py.test

following the issue.