[py-dev] Storing terminal width in py.test config object

Floris Bruynooghe flub at devork.be
Thu Jun 21 01:16:52 CEST 2012

Hi,

An annoyance of the pytest_assertrepr_compare hook is that it can not
normally access the terminal width since usually it is called while
stdout and stderr are being captured which breaks
py.io.get_terminal_width().  Since I think it is fairly rare to get a
changing terminal size during a py.test run I would propose py.test
stores the terminal width on it's config object which would solve that
annoyance.

Would this be a reasonable thing to do?

Regards,
Floris

--
Debian GNU/Linux -- The Power of Freedom