[py-dev] controlling assertions and difflib

Floris Bruynooghe flub at devork.be
Tue Oct 5 21:16:27 CEST 2010

Hello Holger

On 2 October 2010 18:33, holger krekel <holger at merlinux.eu> wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 01, 2010 at 00:23 +0100, Floris Bruynooghe wrote:
>> I've committed a cleaned-up version of this now.
>
> Great, thanks.  It's now merged to py-trunk!

Great!

>> > We could do a general "--assertmode=(choice)" with e.g.:
>> >
>> >    0: (no) don't do any assert reinterp (like --no-assert now)
>> >    1: (basic) do basic reinterpreation
>> >    2: (advanced) do basic reinterpretation + customizing hooks
>> >
>> > and default to 2.
>>
>> Sounds like a good idea.  Do you think there's place for a
>> advanced-no-builtin-plugin option in here, so that the builtin hook
>> will not run any code?  Otherwise a bug in the builtin customisation
>> hook would completely stop this from being useful.
>
> I am not so afraid but we can do it.

Ok, never mind.

> I think i meant something different.  Please have a look into this
> changeset which i just added:
>
>    http://bitbucket.org/hpk42/py-trunk/changeset/64962794201b
>
> does this make sense to you?

Yes, that makes more sense.  Very neat.

Is there still anything you'd like me to do on this?  E.g. adding the
--assertmode (and leave --no-assert as an alias for --assertmode=0).
Personally I'm pretty neutral on that in retrospect.

Thanks for merging this.
Floris

--
Debian GNU/Linux -- The Power of Freedom