[py-dev] coverage (was issue101)

meme dough memedough at gmail.com
Thu May 27 13:24:55 CEST 2010

Hi,

> i actually now added your pytest-cov plugin to the plugin index page:
>
>    http://pytest.org/plugin/index.html
>
> :)  We now advertise two coverage plugins, not a too fortunate situation.

Yay, thx!

> seems like your plugin now works much better for me than some versions ago.
> I still find your command line option design a bit obnoxious - i usually
> try to keep it much more minimal.  Are you open to advise/suggestions there?

With the early release I noticed that it got out of sync a couple of
times since it depended on specific dev versions and I was chasing,
but I think that has stabilised more now.

Yes open to discussion.  I have already thought about the options
issue and played with some alternatives but not yet good replacement
happy with, but definitely on the todo.  Initially I wanted to support
all of coverage since part of reason to write was that I couldn't do
what I needed.  I'm sure the options can be refactored down to a
better set while still giving good control.

> Also, is it possible to start a Python script/subprocess and get its coverage
> included as well?   pylib/.test itself has a lot of functional tests and
> those start subprocesses which is a usual scenario.

This is a good idea and I think that it is possible, I will have to
look into the details.

:)