[py-dev] the seeming need of task-based build-tool properties in py.test

Adam Adam.Schmalhofer at gmx.de
Wed Feb 17 17:13:01 CET 2010

Ronny Pfannschmidt wrote:

> ordering issues indeed get important as soon as one creates test-items
> that depend on the order and execution of other test items
>
> this is already happening for glashammers acceptance-testsuite

Personally, I consider this a broken test setup that really should be
separated between a cached_setup and the tests. I wouldn't want to leave
a global state around. However, I don't know hard this is for
glashammers specific cases. And I guess it is a sort of boilerplate.

> another part of the issue is tests that take long,
> but are not required to run every time - like for example code
> validators

I consider this a separate issue (and would be cool to have).

--Adam