[py-dev] Testing and Coverage against different python interpreter versions

James Mills prologic at shortcircuit.net.au
Wed Apr 21 10:23:37 CEST 2010

On Wed, Apr 21, 2010 at 6:15 PM, meme dough <memedough at gmail.com> wrote:
> I have written a new pytest coverage plugin from the ground up to
> fully support distributed testing since both pytest and coverage
> provide good support for doing this.  Plus it gives access to pretty
> much everything that coverage has that I know about.

Do you have a link to this at all ?
Do you intend to maintain and support this new plugin ?

I'm happy to drop the one I maintain on bitbucket in favor of yours if need be.

> I had not thought of the case you suggest where it may be desirable to
> instruct the plugin to actually combine the results from each slave
> where each slave has run all tests.
>
> I will consider this further.

Please do as this is an important use-case ihmo (and others agree).
(Maybe not for distributed testing, but certainly for testing a library
against more than one supported version of python).

Look forward to using your work,

cheers
James