[py-dev] oncoming 0.9.2 release

holger krekel holger at merlinux.eu
Wed Jul 23 12:54:43 CEST 2008

Hi Harald,

On Wed, Jul 23, 2008 at 10:20 +0200, Harald Armin Massa wrote:
> Whish-list:
>
> pytest -e
> pytest --testforever
>
> includes --startsserver and --runbrowser, loops "forever" until
> Ctrl+Break on the given file / directory / filtered files and
> publishes results on Webport.
> Bonus points for really showing a traffic light :)

:)

This is nothing for 0.9.2, i am afraid.  Particularly
since i am relatively clueless about the browser reporter
currently.  But if you are up to do a patch that does
what you suggest i'd consider it.

sidenote: I promise to support anyone going for
a (new) nice AJAX frontend :)

sidenote++:
For 1.0 i am currently revamping distributed testing,
would like to have a native cross-platform testing
mode - eventually i'd like this to be possible:

    py.test --plat=win32,linux,osx --looponfailing --rep=browser

although the "plat" option is probably rather for 1.1.

For 0.9.2 i'd like to focus on integration issues with
editors, win32 and other fixes and packaging issues.
plus small improvements :)