[py-dev] Svn auth update

holger krekel holger at merlinux.de
Thu Feb 14 08:56:50 CET 2008

Hi Guido!

On Wed, Feb 13, 2008 at 21:54 +0100, Guido Wesdorp wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I've implemented the SvnAuth class now, as Holger suggested, and made
> that the svnwc constructor, and the methods that connect to the server,
> all accept it as an argument (and use it, of course ;).

great!  I am still not sure if passing auth to the constructor makes sense, though.

> You can see the progress on the 'guido-svn-auth' branch (SvnAuth code in
> py/path/svn/auth.py, and an updated version of the document I attached
> before in py/path/svn/auth.txt).

I've reviewed and made 51470|1|2 commits accordingly - please check.

> After playing with the api a bit, I think agree with Holger that passing
> auth to children from methods that return path objects is not necessary,
> and may even be confusing, so perhaps we should indeed skip that for now.
>
> What I do want to add somehow is allow to set the --non-interactive
> switch somehow, although I'm not sure how (it doesn't seem proper to
> have it be part of the authentication information, but having yet
> another argument to all those methods is also not nice).

I'd just put it to the SvnAuth class - and modify the docstring
to say that it encapsulates svn authentication aspects.

> I guess I'll continue with adding support for the auth argument to
> py.path.svnurl on friday, if no-one objects...

Could you maybe write a large functional test that creates a
repo, does checkouts and uses all the wc methods with auth?

best & cheers,