[py-dev] a new py release?

holger krekel holger at merlinux.de
Thu Nov 8 17:40:57 CET 2007

On Wed, Nov 07, 2007 at 17:44 +0100, Carl Friedrich Bolz wrote:
> Maciek Fijalkowski wrote:
>  > Martijn Faassen wrote:
>  >> The latest release on the cheeseshop is Py 0.9, from last february.
>  >> Since the trunk now contains a bugfix I'd like to have, this is a good
>  >> time to start bugging you guys for a release again. :)
>  >>
>  >> What would releasing a new version of py entail? Do you guys maintain a
>  >> changelog? I just tried to look for one in SVN but I can't find one. I
>  >> can find a TODO.txt in doc with todo items.
>  >>
>  >> Regards,
>  >>
>  >> Martijn
>  >>
>  > The first thing on todo list is to bug holger to find some time for
>  > pylib :-)
>
> I agree with that :-).

me as well ... However, i am still in sabbatical and hardly-online-at-all mode.

should we go for a 0.9.1 release by backporting (verbatim, if possible) some
bugfixes and their tests from dist/trunk to svn/py/release/0.9.x and then
releasing 0.9.1 from it?

I think that going for merging Maciej's reporter branch, reviewing
accumulated trunk and dist changes is too much - i wouldn't like to tackle it
this year (at least if you ask me today).

Martijn, a related question: aren't you involved with launchpad?  Do you think
using it would be benefitial for the py lib and its development/releases?
Could you possibly help with setting us up?  What do others think about the idea?

best & cheers,

holger

>  > I've got quite a bit pending changes on a branch and would
>  > like to have it merged before the release. There are also other things
>  > to do (such as rewrite of web reporter) to make things even more cool,
>  > but IMHO the main blocker is lack of tutorial/easy-startup on the web
> page.
>
> What's wrong with this page: http://codespeak.net/py/dist/test.html ? I
> quite liked it when I learned about py.test first.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Carl Friedrich

merlinux GmbH       Steinbergstr. 42    31139 Hildesheim
http://merlinux.de  tel +49 5121 20800 75 (fax 77)