[py-dev] From python-dev: Pep-364, Transitioning to the Py3K standard library

Brian Dorsey brian at dorseys.org
Wed Mar 7 23:32:38 CET 2007

Hi py-dev folks!

I just noticed that Barry Warsaw and Brett Cannon created a PEP for a
mechanism for allowing modules to be imported under various aliases to
enable the planned standard library re-organization. They recently
announced it with a thread on python-dev.

http://www.python.org/dev/peps/pep-0364/

I know that various py-lib folks have given these topics quite a bit
of thought - at least at the package namespace level. (I'm thinking of
initpkg.py here) So, I thought there might be some interesting
feedback about this PEP from the experience with initpkg.py.

Take care,
  -Brian