[py-dev] py.test: setup/teardown bugs

Maciek Fijalkowski fijal at genesilico.pl
Sun Feb 18 14:02:46 CET 2007

Marian Schubert wrote:
> patch is in attachment. Don't know if it's best way how to solve this
> problem but it works and doesnt break any py.test tests :)

Hi!

I've reviewed your patch. Seems indeed to solve a probelm a bit, but
doesn't solve a problem in general (what's with setup_class?). I guess
we can come up with better solution, but of course you're welcome to
participate in that! Particularly I would not like to specialcase
Function there and probably teardown happening just after function run
sounds like better idea than in front of next one. Also having teardown
in finally: doesn't really solve the problem, because if you've got
errors in both your test and teardown that the chance is quite high that
you want to see only first one. Thanks for your effort!

Cheers,
Fijal