[py-dev] Convention for TDD

David Stanek dstanek at dstanek.com
Mon Oct 10 14:24:29 CEST 2005

On Sun, Oct 09, 2005 at 10:13:07PM -0500, Ian Bicking wrote:
> Is there any convention people are using with py.test for
> test-drive-development tests that still fail?  Like a convention for
> saying I-fail-but-don't-worry; some combination of keywords and
> disabling variables so it can only be run explicitly?

What exactly are you trying to do? When I practice TDD I like when
the tests fail so I know what I need to be working on. Once I get
all of the tests to pass I add a couple more knowing that the code
to support them is not there and the test will fail.

David

--
GPG keyID #6272EDAF on http://pgp.mit.edu
Key fingerprint = 8BAA 7E11 8856 E148 6833  655A 92E2 3E00 6272 EDAF