[py-dev] Call py.test.cmdline.main() from a python script

Ruda Filgueiras rudazz at gmail.com
Wed Nov 30 22:42:47 CET 2005

Hello,

I'm using py.test to run my unit tests for STOQ 2 [1] project.

To run my tests I can execute py.test script, but I nedd to call
py.test from a python script that initalize database and executes some
doctests using doctest module.

To make this, I add this simple code inside my script:

+import py
+py.test.cmdline.main()

My enviroment uses simbolic links from package/module  to a directory
on my PYTHONPATH.
And after using my runtests.py script with these lines, py.test dont
import my test modules correctly. (see traceback log attached)

Anohter member of STOQ2 staff, Johan Dahlin <jdahlin at async.com.br>,
verify the problem and propose a one line patch to this problem, and
I'm send this patch attached too.

Thanks,

1. STOQ2 is a Open Source Reatail System written in python and uses:
- pygtk
- kiwi (MVC framework on top of pygtk)
- SQLObject
- py.test (pylib)