[py-dev] towards a 0.8.0 release!

Paul Moore p.f.moore at gmail.com
Sun Apr 24 23:28:09 CEST 2005

On 4/24/05, holger krekel <hpk at trillke.net> wrote:
> Hum, i see.  What is a proper way to get at the location
> of such a binary on win32?

Assume it's in PATH. If it isn't, there's no "proper" way. Actually,
don't even assume that. I might well have a "svn.bat" in my path,
which executes svn.exe from a particular directory. Just assume the
command "svn" will work, and handle exceptions gracefully.

(Is my hardline attitude becoming clear yet? :-))

Paul.

PS I'm not actually sure this is the real issue here. That file: URL
quoted looks distinctly odd - possibly legal, but definitely odd.
Windows programs have "interesting" views on valid forms of file URLs
(I don't what to go into details here, I'd end up defending a complex
mess as being pragmatically the right thing...)

PPS FWIW, I got similar patterns of failures in the two tests quoted,
but no mention of odd URLs. I'm not going to post the error
tracebacks, as there were a lot (the second was 868 lines) and I have
no time to even try to help diagnose the issue. I'd also point out
that when I ran the full test, the execnet stuff seemed to hang, but I
don't know why.