[py-dev] Does each test method get called with a new instance?

holger krekel hpk at trillke.net
Fri Apr 8 05:10:28 CEST 2005

On Thu, Apr 07, 2005 at 18:46 -0400, Roy Smith wrote:
> On Apr 7, 2005, at 5:17 PM, holger krekel wrote:
> >
> >Howering-the-however, such incremental testing is fragile with respect
> >to "--session" mode which reruns only failing tests.
>
> Is --session documented anywhere?  I couldn't find it.

Ups, i overread that earlier.  Actually i would have sworn
that there was documentation about '--session' but apparently
i was dreaming.

Maybe the name should be changed to something like '--loop'
which hopefully makes it more obvious that py.test will
continously run all your tests, restarting every time a python
file in your project changes.  On each loop run it records
failing tests and reruns only those.  If there are no failing
tests left, it starts all over.

cheers,