[py-dev] std rename to py done

holger krekel hpk at trillke.net
Sun Oct 3 09:41:30 CEST 2004

hello,

i finished most of the rename from 'std' to 'py' yesterday
night. At least "py.test" (formerly utest) completes the tree
without errors.

the new "trunk" of the py lib is at

    http://codespeak.net/svn/py/dist

so i left out 'trunk' because i think it makes the url/svn
namespace unneccesarily nested.  The above URL currently
carries the 'py' package along with an (alas, empty :-) doc
directory.  Instead of writing long emails i intend to write
ReST docs.

IMPORTANT, please stop committing anything to 'std' which i
will set to readonly in short order, i guess.  If you _have_ any
changes pending then commit them now, i should be able to
automatically port these changes to the py lib.

Btw, in case you are interested, I have written my own hack
(using the parser and tokenizer) for doing the completely
automatic refactoring/rename/moves in

    http://codespeak.net/svn/user/hpk/rename_import.py

which expects the target argument to be the resulting
directory of a

    svn cp path/to/your/WC/of/std path/to/new/py

operation.  You can repeat the rename_import.py as it does a
"revert -R" before performing the rename/refactor.  This
allows for svn diffing the results of the rename. This
rename_import.py script can also be 'utest'ed as it contains
inline tests. Obviously, rename_import.py requires 'std' not
'py' for apparent reasons but i plan to port and improve the
script, and make it available as an example script (it uses the
local file and svn working copy path objects as well as in-lined
tests).

cheers,