[py-dev] move tests into their own directory ...

holger krekel hpk at trillke.net
Sun Dec 19 17:39:30 CET 2004

On Sun, Dec 19, 2004 at 17:32 +0100, Laura Creighton wrote:
> In a message of Sun, 19 Dec 2004 17:15:38 +0100, holger krekel writes:
> >P.S.: btw, we are happily using your utestconvert script
> >      for converting pypy's unittest.py based tests and
> >      so far it works well!  I plan to make it available
> >      one way or another with the py lib if you don't mind.
>
> This is great to hear.  Of course I don't mind -- I thought that
> this was part of the plan already.  But thank you for asking.
> By the way, in addition to commenting back in 'assertRaises
> becomes raises' there is one other defect of my program.  It
> does not remove the 'import unittest' lines.  Or have you already
> added that while I was not looking?

No, so far we have been focusing on various other aspects, and
currently getting nice applevel tracebacks.  I guess one
always needs to do some manual adjustments so removing "import
unittest.py" is not a big issue.  For example, with PyPy we
use 'from pypy.tool import testit' which needs to go and it is
somewhat difficult to delete such lines automatically :-)

Getting nice applevel tracebacks requires refactoring towards a
more abstract and helpful introspection model (where PyPy can drop
it its own more involved one) which is what we have been working
on a bit.  (Armin is currently out with a friend, though, so he
hasn't seen the latest changes :-)

cheers,