[pypy-dev] Percentage Python as RPython.

Armin Rigo arigo at tunes.org
Wed Aug 11 14:24:20 CEST 2010

Hi Hart,

On Wed, Aug 04, 2010 at 06:04:00PM -0700, Hart's Antler wrote:
> I think you want a frontend, not a backend.  The frontend would take
> in normal Python and convert it to RPython.

I think the chances of getting this to work are "0 - 0.5 %", as per
fijal's previous excellent answer.

Writing in RPython requires a different state of mind than writing in
normal Python (unless, maybe, you are a Java programmer that writes Java
with the Python syntax; for that case, I would suggest that writing in
Java in the first place is just as easy).

A bientot,

Armin.