[pypy-dev] buffer protocol.

Maciek Fijalkowski fijal at genesilico.pl
Mon Feb 11 17:00:29 CET 2008

I feel a bit clueless about buffer protocol. Current implemntation in
pypy is purely app-level, which means it's slow, but more importantly,
one cannot get raw, C-level address of it. I've tried approaching the
problem, but it seems that there are several serious issues.

* what's the future of buffer protocol?
* do people use that? ctypes tests are relying on it. anybody knows
ctypes module implementation that relies on it?
* testing suite sucks. we've got two tests, cpython is not any better in
this regard.

where to proceed?

:.