[pypy-dev] pypy 1.0 release meeting invitation

Michael Hudson mwh at python.net
Tue Jan 30 17:22:25 CET 2007

Hi PyPy-developers!

The release is drawing closer (the currently planned date is February, 15th)
and it is time to meet and discuss the necessary work. Therefore we invite you
all to a sync-meeting on

  Friday, February 2nd, 2007
  14.00 UTC+1
  #pypy-sync

Regular Topics
==============

* activity reports (LAST/NEXT/BLOCKERS, everybody posts
  prepared comma-separated lists of things)

* resolving blockers/dependencies

Release Goals
=============

This topic is to get a common view on what the release goals are. A
preliminary list of goals is:

* object optimizations
* pypy.net
* more working modules
* some performance
* maturity
* build tool
* JIT preview
* security prototype
* js backend?
* debian packaging?

Task Planning
=============

This topic is to collect tasks to be done for the release and divide them
among people. Some tasks that we could think of:

* work out a timeframe for jit usefulness
* fix llvm(?)
* test pypy-cs, run benchmarks.
  * windows testing!
* documentation!!!
  * pypy.net
  * object optimizations (WP6)
  * release announcement
  * improve getting-started
  * transparent proxies
  * security prototype
* make build-tool useable
* polish js backend?

Hope to see you all on friday!

Cheers,
mwh

--
  Python enjoys making tradeoffs that drive *someone* crazy <wink>.
                                       -- Tim Peters, comp.lang.python