[pypy-dev] Announcing new designs for Leo

Edward K. Ream edreamleo at charter.net
Sat Apr 10 20:23:07 CEST 2004

Laura asked me to make an announcement here of a set of new designs for Leo.
These designs are now on Leo's SourceForge site at:

http://sourceforge.net/forum/forum.php?thread_id=1056336&forum_id=10228

This is a technical design of three major new features to be added to Leo,
probably in version 4.2:

- @file-thin will allow Leo to be used more easily in a multi-user
environment.  With @file-thin one could conceivably manage all of Python's
or PyPy's code base with a single .leo file, without having to keep the .leo
file and the files derived from it "in synch".  In particular, project
developers would not need to commit .leo files to cvs at all.

- @file-thin will support most features of @root.  This will allow users to
use a single style for all their coding: @root will eventually be
deprecated.

- @file-thin-wait will defer loading of files until the user selects one of
the nodes of the file.

These features complete a series of designs that I started more than nine
years ago.

Any comments or suggestions are most welcome.

Edward
Edward K. Ream   email:  edreamleo at charter.net
Leo: Literate Editor with Outlines