[PyLadies-BLR] [rfc] openspace for PyLadies-BLR at PyCon-IN

Kavita Arora kklindor21 at gmail.com
Sat Aug 17 16:18:19 CEST 2013

Yes all - CIS is fine for me!!! I practically visit CIS every weekend for
some event or another! It was Anu who stated that there were a few members
on this list who preferred not to travel! Hence the "flexibility" to meet
in different areas.

To be honest, I now feel a bit hesitant to attend these meetups just
because I feel perhaps this forum and the main drivers are not very open to
suggestions. I never stated I explicitly wanted to induce a classroom
atmosphere! I only meant to suggest that we hold a theme or focus our
meetups around a particular set of ideas so that we gained from the
experience -- I've been to a lot of hackathons (organized some myself) and
realized that most of them lacked that community feel because they had no
agenda, no direction and no creativity applied. Hence my hesitation against
"simply meeting up and sitting and coding".

I guess I speak for myself, but I'm just a beginner trying to find my way
in the world of python, and I thought this was a community for ppl like me
who want to come forward, learn new things, and in turn teach new things to
people who are also trying to grasp the language. I feel perhaps this forum
or group is a tad too advanced - and it might be a burden on the forum to
support ppl like me! I don't want to impose on anyone - so I guess until
you guys are more open to accepting a more diverse group of women -- I
think I may perhaps bow out for the time being and let you guys get on! I
don't mean to be rude - I just don't think my participation will be of
value to the group -- you guys seem to be pretty well off, and think you
can do a great job.

good luck carrying this forward!

thanks again for reaching out Anu, but I don't think this group is for me :(

Kavita

ps. Svaksha - I do no that this is a public group and I shared my digits
with the intent to reach out to ppl and get to know you all. I guess it was
not appreciated!