[pydotorg-www] New Member would like to add Entry to the PythonForOperationsResearch Page

Thomas Weise tweise at ustc.edu.cn
Fri Jan 13 00:27:19 EST 2023

Dear Editors of The Python Wiki.

I am sorry for disturbing your work or holiday.

My name is Dr. Thomas Weise of Hefei University in Hefei, China.
My wiki username is "Thomas Weise" (sorry for the space, I overlooked that when registering).
I am doing research in the field of metaheuristic optimization for now more than 15 years.

I would like to modify the page https://wiki.python.org/moin/PythonForOperationsResearch.

I would like to add a link to the open source Python package that I am developing on GitHub as follows:

"""
[moptipy](https://thomasweise.github.io/moptipy), the Metaheuristic Optimization in Python package, offers a set of metaheuristic optimization algorithms, including randomized local search, evolutionary algorithms, simulated annealing, and memetic algorithms, that can be applied to a wide variety of problems from operations research, both industrial or scientific. It also comes with a facility for executing replicable experiments in a parallel or distributed fashion as well as with a set of tools for evaluating experimental results. (license: GPL 3)
"""

I hope that you could either help me to add this text to the page or grant me permission to do so by myself.
I do not plan to make any other changes to the wiki or any other resource.

Of course I can also understand if you would rather not let a new member make or propose such modifications, in particular since they are to a self-developed and not widely-used niche project - no problem, that's totally OK and very understandable.

All the best,
   Thomas.