[pydotorg-www] Python on Android wiki page

Marc-Andre Lemburg mal at egenix.com
Thu Aug 17 11:48:02 EDT 2023

To add to what Mats already mentioned:

There are currently at least three efforts for getting better Python
support on mobiles:

- PyScript which runs Python in a browser, so you can use a web view to
host it inside an application. This does run some data science code, but
I'm not sure how far you can get with it.

- BeeWare, which aims to support multiple platforms running Python with
the same code, including mobiles.

- Kivy, which has a similar goal to BeeWare, but is more focused on
graphics heavy apps.

I don't think any of these natively integrate into an existing Java app,
though.

Work on Jython 3 is progressing very slowly. You may want to help out
here: https://github.com/jython/jython/tree/main