[pydotorg-www] Wiki editing request for account uranusjr

Tzu-ping Chung uranusjr at gmail.com
Wed Oct 18 17:49:54 EDT 2017

Hi,

I would like to edit the information on the WindowsCompiler page[1].

I’ve been trying out toolchains listed on the page, and hit a problem at the “Microsoft Visual C++ 10.0 standalone: Windows SDK 7.1 (x86, x64, ia64)” part.

It instructs me to install Microsoft .NET Framework 4, but the link takes me to the Client Profile download[2], while in practice I found that I need to install the full .NET framework[3]. The SDK installer refuses to run otherwise (stating the .NET framework is not installed).

Thanks.

[1]: https://wiki.python.org/moin/WindowsCompilers <https://wiki.python.org/moin/WindowsCompilers>
[2]: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=24872 <https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=24872>
[3]: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=17851 <https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=17851>