[pydotorg-www] Implementing a personal standard library

Richard Prosser richard.prosser at mail.com
Fri Jan 24 21:19:28 CET 2014

IMO, the Standard Library is overblown and outdated, so users may wish to
implement their own. This may be the subject of a PEP beyond the one (411)
mentioned in the post below.

This "Dead Batteries
Included"<http://programming.oreilly.com/2013/10/dead-batteries-included.html>blog
post suggests a way of doing that - a pip
requirements file - but I am reluctant to link to that particular page, if
only because there are no detailed instructions supplied. I am also unsure
where to place it, or the equivalent text.

Do you have any suggestions, please? Perhaps there should be a "Practical
Python" section or the like.

Thanks ...

Richard