[pydotorg-www] No news appearing on python-announce-list for a month

Thomas Wouters thomas at python.org
Mon May 6 17:56:04 CEST 2013

On Mon, May 6, 2013 at 5:37 PM, Barry Warsaw <barry at python.org> wrote:

> On May 06, 2013, at 05:12 PM, Ralf Hildebrandt wrote:
>
> >> Note though, that there *is* a confirmed technical problem with the
> list.
> >> OpenPGP signed email sent to the list disappears into a black hole.  I
> >> don't remember if it shows up in the moderator queue or not, but it
> >> definitely won't show up on the mailing list or gmane.  I don't know
> what
> >> the problem is, but I don't think it's in Mailman.
> >>
> >> 1) More moderators help.
> >>
> >> 2) Don't sign your announce emails (for now)
> >
> >I'll send a signed mail there. Gotta get back home first and do some
> >shopping.
>
> I suspect our NNTP gateway at XS4ALL.  I pinged Thomas about this but never
> heard back, so he's CC'd again here.  I think he's the only one who has
> inside
> information about our NNTP gateway.

Sorry, I know nothing about the NNTP gateway at XS4ALL. I'd be surprised if
it'd drop things silently, but who knows. I don't understand how the NNTP
gateway can prevent SMTP messages from getting delivered, though :) I
suggest finding out when and with what message-id the messages are
delivered to nntp.xs4all.nl, and then contacting unixbeheer at xs4all.nl

--
Thomas Wouters <thomas at python.org>

Hi! I'm an email virus! Think twice before sending your email to help me
spread!