[pydotorg-www] New Honorary Associate Membership

Aahz aahz at pythoncraft.com
Thu Mar 15 14:41:09 CET 2012

On Thu, Mar 15, 2012, Aahz wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 15, 2012, Kurt B. Kaiser wrote:
>>
>> Once the prospect logs in, it will see the same text, but with the
>> button.
>
> Now that I've logged in, I don't see any button.  No cookies were
> attempted to be set during login, either.  Is this some problem with
> Lynx?

Okay, now that I finished the previous message, I see the signup e-mail.
The site should tell the user to look for the e-mail.  Logging in using
the link gets HTTP 403.

Still can't log in, even straight.

Okay, now I tried with Firefox, there's definitely some JavaScript
requirement that needs to be fixed.  In the FF context, it's annoying
that you have to click on the login link to see the login fields.

SECURITY WARNING: I noticed after logging in through FF that my contact
information is there (meaning information previously given to the PSF but
*not* provided to psfmember.org).  This is NOT appropriate, especially
given that login is done through plain HTTP instead of HTTPS/SSL.