[pydotorg-www] [PSF-Board] License of website

M.-A. Lemburg mal at egenix.com
Fri Apr 20 22:55:08 CEST 2012

A.M. Kuchling wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 20, 2012 at 08:57:45PM +0200, M.-A. Lemburg wrote:
>> Steve Holden wrote:
>> At the moment the only thing we can tell people requesting the
>> PSF's opinion on the wiki content is that we don't own the
>> copyright and thus cannot make a statement.
>
> Should we add a notice to the edit page like Wikipedia's?  Wikipedia's
> reads:
>
> 	By clicking the "Save Page" button, you agree to the Terms of
> 	Use, and you irrevocably agree to release your contribution
> 	under the CC-BY-SA 3.0 License and the GFDL. You agree that a
> 	hyperlink or URL is sufficient attribution under the Creative
> 	Commons license.

Good idea, except we don't need the GFDL.

> We'd still have the problem of getting a license to the existing wiki
> content.  Perhaps we could take a vote of the contributors with logins
> ("Are you OK with using license X?").

How did Wikipedia manage the switch from GFDL to CC-BY-SA ? Perhaps
we could use the same approach.

--
Marc-Andre Lemburg
eGenix.com

Professional Python Services directly from the Source  (#1, Apr 20 2012)
2012-04-28: PythonCamp 2012, Cologne, Germany               8 days to go

               http://www.egenix.com/company/contact/