[pydotorg-www] release page

A.M. Kuchling amk at amk.ca
Wed Oct 5 03:15:33 CEST 2011

On Tue, Oct 04, 2011 at 08:00:17PM -0400, Barry Warsaw wrote:
> >That would be great. It would need to be co-ordinated with the release
> >managers, so that they can update the aliases when they do releases. If we
> >had a dynamic site we could make it automatic of course.

What if we rewrote the /download/ tree to be a standalone site using
blogofile (http://www.blogofile.com/) and then set up rewrite rules,
or moved everything to download.python.org?  That way release managers
wouldn't need the entire python.org tree, and they might find
blogofile easier to deal with than our custom script.

--amk