[pydotorg-www] Disabling advocacy.python.org

Michael Foord mfoord at python.org
Fri Jan 14 15:12:13 CET 2011

On 14/01/2011 13:31, Steve Holden wrote:
> This material should be moved to some other hosting more in line with our other istes. Otherwise it qon't be maintained, and will be lost in due course.

Well, Andrew Kuchling is maintaining it (in as much as that material
needs maintaining) and there are quite a few external links pointing to
it. I don't see much advantage in moving it, but I'm happy to help with
any maintenance required for that part of the domain. I believe I have
access.

All the best,

Michael

> regards
>   Steve
>
> On Jan 14, 2011, at 11:54 AM, Michael Foord wrote:
>
>> On 14/01/2011 05:59, "Martin v. Löwis" wrote:
>>> advocacy.python.org is unmaintained, and it is down most of the time.
>>> It's presence still creates a maintenance burden, so I'd rather delete
>>> it from DNS and the Apache configuration. The data would remain in
>>> place, in case somebody wants to reuse them.
>> As Jeff points out, a lot of podcast material is hosted on the advocacy subdomain.
>>
>> All the best,
>>
>> Michael
>>
>>> Objections?
>>>
>>> Regards,