[pydotorg-www] Bylaws update

Pat Campbell patcam at python.org
Tue Sep 28 20:11:15 CEST 2010

Hi pydotorg:

Could you please make the following changes to the PSF Bylaws web page
here:

http://www.python.org/psf/bylaws/

*Only Section 4.7, Section 4.10 & Section 6.3 were amended -- see below.*

*Section 4.7* *(should read as)*

    SECTION 4.7. INVOLUNTARY CONVERSION OF MEMBERSHIP TO EMERITUS STATUS.

    The membership of a nominated member may be converted into an emeritus

    membership upon an affirmative vote of a two-thirds majority of the

    members of the corporation who are present and eligible to vote at the

    meeting, with the following restriction. Any vote for involuntary

    conversion of membership to emeritus status must be held electronically

    or by teleconference instead of in person, as described in Section 13.8.

    The membership of a nominated member shall be converted into an emeritus

    membership automatically upon failure of a nominated member to vote at

    the last three (3) consecutive members' meetings and on any actions

    without meeting that occurred since the first of these three meetings.

*
Section 4.10 (should read as)
*
**

    SECTION 4.10. TERMINATION OF MEMBERSHIP. A member's membership may be

    terminated by an affirmative vote of a two-thirds majority of the

    members of the corporation who are present and eligible to vote at the

    meeting, with the following restriction. Any vote for termination of

    membership must be held electronically or by teleconference instead of

    in person, as described in Section 13.8. A sponsor member's membership

    shall be automatically terminated if the sponsor member's yearly fee has

    not been paid within three (3) months of the due date.

*Section 6.3 **(should read as)*
**

    SECTION 6.3. PROJECT MANAGEMENT COMMITTEES. In addition to the officers

    of the corporation, the Board of Directors may, by resolution, establish

    one or more Project Management Committees consisting of at least one

    member of the Board of Directors or at least one officer of the

    corporation, who shall be designated chairman of such committee, and may

    include one or more other members of the corporation. Non-members of the

    corporation may serve on such committees by authorization of the Board

    of Directors. Unless elected or appointed as an officer in accordance

    with Sections 6.1 and 6.4 of these Bylaws, a member of a Project

    Management Committee shall not be deemed an officer of the corporation.

    Each Project Management Committee shall be responsible for the active

    management of one or more projects identified by resolution of the Board

    of Directors which may include, without limitation, the creation or

    maintenance of "open-source" software for distribution to the public at

    no charge. Subject to the direction of the Board of Directors, the

    chairman of each Project Management Committee shall be primarily

    responsible for project(s) managed by such committee, and he or she

    shall establish rules and procedures for the day to day management of

    project(s) for which the committee is responsible.

    The Board of Directors of the corporation may, by resolution, dissolve a

    Project Management Committee at any time.

Thanks,
Pat

PS. If you have any questions, please let me know.

--
Pat Campbell
PSF Administrator/Secretary
patcam at python.org