[pydotorg-www] FWD: Wiki Internal Server Error

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Wed Aug 11 01:02:46 CEST 2010

> Given the non-availability of extra rack space at XS4ALL, would it be
> practical to replace one or more machines with more powerful hardware,
> or is it pretty much maxed out?

Moving the wiki to dinsdale would instantaneously make more powerful
hardware available. That machine is underutilized. Of course, moving the
wiki might flip that judgement.

> If the latter then we should probably look at relocating the Wiki (which
> I don't believe has any content best handled outside the US) to some
> other hosting facility. It should certainly not be allowed to interfere
> with the Cheeseshop, which will be a crucial resource in the future.

But so will be the Wiki, no?

In any case, I also favor it not interfering with the Cheeseshop, at
the expense of risking interference with www.python.org.

So unless I hear any objection RSN, I start moving it.

Regards,
Martin